Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Part Two-
Over head Squats- rope x 3, bar x 3, 135# x 3 partials. My nervous system wasn't too cool with descending very far with 135 #'s over my head. Bar x 3 with a nice isometric pause in the hole.
Break for 1/2 hour.
Polar bear crawls on the patio- 16's x 25 steps for a warm up. 24's x 25 one way and 26 the other way. I used pipe foam on the handles to make the grip bigger, softer and more challenging. There's is no better cardio or ab exercise than this one.
1/2 get ups- 32kg x 3 x 2 sets. I did the OH squats on a tip from a friend who said his friend did them and his squat went way, way up. I believe it! You have to develope TREMENDOUS shoulder flexibity and stabilization throughout the whole body, or else you fall over.
Dan John recommends this to his throwers as sometimes the ONLY exercise they should practice. I beleive he had a coach or knew of one who wouldn't let anyone throw the shot until they could do bodyweight with this. That could involve alot of dieting and alot of OH squats.LOL!
-Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home