Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yesterday was my 44th Birthday. To celebrate, I did 7 minutes and 11 seconds of Turkish Get- Downs. I did 16 reps with the 24kg bell without setting the kettlebell down. Everything was sore but especially my legs.
Here's how they are done: Clean, press, get down on the ground, arm bar, get up, bring bell to shoulder, unclean bell, do a swing and launch to other hand, do the same thing with that side. Continue for your required time limit. Saturday I did 5 minutes. The arm bar is optional but I like it for added shoulder/ torso benefits. It doesn't do much for the front of my shoulders though.
-Joe

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger fawn said...

Happy Birthday Joe!
Nice workout!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Thanks Fawn.
Working for an extended period of time like that really helped my Judo on Saturday. After all, a TGU is a controlled fall like Mike Nelson said.
We do alot of falls in Judo. It's the getting back up after 20 or 30 throws that's the hard part.
-Joe

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger fawn said...

TGU is like a controlled fall... hmmmmmm.... I'm not so sure I would like to fall on my knee in a lunge position like a TGU. Plus, if I were falling and I had a kb in my hand, you can bet your a$$ I would not be holding it over my head, LOL.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

That's what Mike said and believe it or not, it did help my falls and getting back up after my falls. Very, dare I say it, "sport specific"........
If it helps make my Judo practice easier, I'm going to do it.
Thanks for your comments. I always appreciate your honest opinions.
-Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home