Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hi Everyone,This is a good story. Enjoy!

> >> >> > Let's see if you send it back. We all know or knew someone like this!!

> > **********> > One day, when I was a freshman in high school,
> >> > I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.
> >> > His name was Kyle.
> >> > It looked like he was> > carrying all of his books.
> >> > I thought to myself, 'Why would anyone bring home all his books on > > a Friday?
> >> > He must really be a nerd.'
> >> > I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my > > friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.
> >> > As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.
> >> > They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and trippi > > ng him so he landed in the dirt.
> >> > His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten > > feet from him.
> >> > He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes
> >> > My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him as he crawled > > around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye.
> >> > As I handed him his glasses, I said, 'Those guys are jerks.
> > '> >> > They really should get lives.
> >> > ' He looked at me and said, 'Hey thanks!'
> >> > There was a big smile on his face.
> >> > It was one of those smiles that showed rea l gratitude.
> >> > I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.
> >> > As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never > > seen him before.
> >> > He said he had gone to private school before now.
> >> > I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.
> >> > We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.
> >> > He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.
> >> > I asked him if he wanted to play a little football> > with my friends
> >> > He said yes.
> >> > We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I > > liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
> >> > Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of > > books again.
> >> > I stopped him and said, 'Boy, you are gonna really build some > > serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!
> >> > ' He just laughed and handed me half the books.
> >> > Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
.> >> > When we were seniors we began to think about college.
> >> > Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke.
> >> > I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never> > be a problem.> >> > He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on a > > football scholarship.
.> >> > Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
> >> > I teased him all the time about being a nerd.
> >> > He had to prepare a speech for graduation.
> >> > I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak
> >> > Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
> >> > He looked great.
> >> > He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.
> >> > He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.
> >> > He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.
> >> > Boy, sometimes I was jealous!> > Today was one of those days.
> >> > I could see that he was nervous about his speech.
> >> > So, I smacked him on the back and said, 'Hey, big guy, you'll be > > great!'
> >> > He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) > > and smiled.
> >> > ' Thanks,' he said.
> >> > As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began
> >> > 'Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through > > those tough years.
> >> > Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but > > mostly your friends...
> >> > I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the > > best gift you can give them.
> >> > I am going to tell you a story.'
> >> > I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the> > story of the first day we met.
> >> > He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.
> >> > He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't > > have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
> >> > He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
> >> > 'Thankfully, I was saved.
> >> > My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.'
> >> > I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy > > told us all about his weakest moment.
> >> > I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful > > smile.
> >> > Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.
> >> > Never underestimate the power of your actions.
> >> > With one small gesture you can change a person's life.
> >> > For better or for worse.
> >> > God puts us all in each others lives to impact one another in some > > way.
> >> > Look for God in others.
> >> > You now have two choices, you can :
> >> > 1) Pass this on to your friends or
> >> > 2) Delete it and act like it> > didn't touch your heart.
> >> > As you can see, I took choice number 1.> > 'Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have > > trouble remembering how to fly.'
> >> > There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history.
> >> > Tomorrow is a mystery.
> >> > Today is a gift.
> >> > It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care. > > Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.
> >> > If it comes back to you, then you'll know you have a circle of > > friends.
> >> >> >> > WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER, YOU'RE REQUESTED TO SEND IT TO AT > > LEAST 10 PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO SENT IT> > TO YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home