Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Here is what I did Friday...
All manner of swings starting with the 12k up to the Beastie. Did two hand, one hand, hand to hand, double outside the legs etc... for 150 reps as a good general warm-up. Then I did the Gauntlet- Single arm swings-five right, five left starting with the Beastie, 40k, 32k (this became light), 24k and finished with the 16k. That's one set of 50 reps pausing only pausing to set the bell down, regroup and move to the next weight. I suggest walking around for awhile after that one! Then I did deep breathing that Brett Jones showed us called the crocidile? where you lay on your belly on the floor and breathe thru the deep belly to recover. I spent 10 minutes there.
Then I did some Z drills to finish it out.

Saturday training. Bench pistols right side first. 0, 18#, 12k, 16k, 24k x 3 reps at each weight. Then I did the left leg. That's a tip from Marty Gallagher.
1/2 hour break.
Military presses- Right side first- 18#, 12k, 16k, 24k, 32k x 3 reps each. Did the same on the left.
15 minute break- Chins- 0, 18#, 12k, 16k, 24k x 3 reps each. That's it for resistance training.

Later in the afternoon A.J. and I ran up a 70 to 80 degree hill, once. Our thighs were on fire and did not want to motor any more. We then walked down a lower incline trail and called it a day.
Later I raced Brock home and my thighs were screaming!
Next time we hit that hill, we'll run it twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home