Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The following physical training was inspired by Valentin Dukul- famous Russian circus strongman...
Health Lifts- 225 x 5, 315 x 4, 405 x 4, 475 x 2 and 525 x 2. Switched the grip after each rep on the last set. Followed all the pressurization principles taught to me by Pavel.
Regular TGU's- Tried to go fast, relatively speaking, on each rep. 24k x 2 each hand, 32k x 2 each hand, 40 x 1 each x 3 sets.
Beast Dead lifts x 5, with green band holding it down x 2, with 2 bands holding it down x 2 half reps. Couldn't pull it all the way up without blowing out an O ring.
Chins with green band attached to Beast- I did 5 sets of 2 but had trouble getting the band to resist me so on the last set I had to double loop the band around the handle of the Beast and it worked better.
NEW exercise invented by me today- Double Beast Sumo jumps x 5 x 2 sets. Jump with beast's in hand , release and catch again from Sumo deadlift position. It worked for what I want to accomplish in the future with my training.
Z-Drills, wall walks and back bridges on neck and hands for 15 minutes to end the session.
-Joe

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
Thanks for the Birthday note last week. It was a great day!

Have a good week!

Katie

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Hi Katie,
You have a good week too.
-Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home