Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

This morning after teaching a kettlebell class, here's what I did when I got home.
Pumped some rubber. Bands that is. I got these new jump stretch bands, so I used them for shoulder training. Stand on one end and press, side press, twisting press, press to the front etc... Easier on the ligaments than the kettlebells. Plus as an added bonus the resistance is more controllable on the downstroke. I did that for about 7 minutes. Then onto V02max hand to hand swings with the 32kg bell. 8 reps per 15 seconds. 13 sets in 6:15 for 104 reps total. Chins to stretch everything out again. 16kg bell x 2 reps x 4 sets nice and easy. Full body z-health session. Alot of work on the right shoulder. I'll probably stick with the bands for pressing type movements for awhile. More athletic and way more fun than just doing military presses ad nausem.

4 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Girevik_X said...

Joe, great blog. I completely agree with your philosophy of frequent short workouts. It's important to make it a habit; i.e., just a part of your day. like brushing your teeth or taking the dog for a walk.

I have a set of lifeline usa cables that I use for loosening up my shoulders as well. They're a great way to add some resistance without injury potential.

Regards,
Jim
www.ironbellathletics.com

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Thanks for the complement Jim. I just do not like presses. But I love TGU's. The bands are a great way add fun and variety.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Girevik_X said...

Do you not like them because they're painful? I sometimes get sore elbows from too much pressing so I like to substitute light jerks done for more reps until my elbows fix themselves.

Jim Lane
www.ironbellathletics.com

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

I, like most people, like to do what I'm good at. TGU's are MY exercise. That and swings. Everything else is lipstick and rouge as far as I'm comcerned.
You should try some Z-Health for your aches and pains.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home