Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The "White man dance" at the Z-Health cert didn't go over as well as I'd have liked. I really faked everybody out with that one. I was supposed to demonstrate a Z-Health drill. So while I was waiting to go up there I hatched a plan to loosen everybody up. When I went up there I was going to do the white man dance, You know, fists together, working in a circlualr motion, white man over bite going at the advanced level. Well, they weren't ready for that. Then I got in my "Cowboy" stance. Feet out, hips pushed forward. Kathy told me to dial it back a little. Bless her soul. But, afterward the guys were like "the white man dance yaaa!!! I couldn't help it. MY ADD had kicked in and I felt in need of some humor. Dr. Cobb said the best trainers are like comedians. Or something like that. I tried to work it. That was my first rep. I will not quit. I will not tire. I will not be defeated. I should have warmed them up a bit first maybe then hit them with the "white man dance".
BY the way, I will not be going to the Sex in the City movie in this or any other lifetime. Amen.
-Joe

8 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
LMAO-yep too much Z in a given amount of time can make you a little nutty. Keep it up, humor is good especially when you're brain is fried from all the info!

Keep having fun!

Katie
Z-Level 4

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Hi Katie,
Thanks for the comment. I just had to do it. I just needed some fun type of movement to get me by.
Today, Sunday day six was better for me. My friend Fawn was showing off with the kettlebells doing pistols plus a press and all kinds of stuff so I had to show off too. TGU's with two bells, one up one down. Bent presses. Side presses. My 1st pistol in about 3 months. So that part I like, gross motor movements with weight.
-Joe out.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
Welcome to the Z Health family!

Day 6 is one of my favorite days of R-Phase. It's where everything in the previous five days really comes together. I've had the pleasure of doing Day 6 with the likes of Geoff Neupert, Brett Jones, and Sara Cheatham. Talk about some talented people!

Are you going to drop by the RKC next weekend? I will be a candidate, and would love to meet you.

Keep moving!

Katie

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Hi Again Katie,
Could you e-mail my please. joe@pavelfitness.com
Thank you,
-Joe

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Wish I was there to see that one! LOL

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Only one person even cracked a smile. But the guys told me they liked t afterwards.
It tough to be a cutting edge comedian.
-Joe

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger fawn said...

I thought you were pretty funny Joe! You did great! We were all nervous to be judged by the class, Kathy and Dr. Cobb... Thanks for bringing in your bells. Showing off was a great release!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

I really wish we could train/ show-off together more often. It was fun having another mutant to play with.
Bye,
-Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home