Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hello Dolly!
It was a choice between a Dolly Parton concert and my kettlebell class last night. Guess who won. Kettlebells with Joe. One of my students had tickets to Dolly Parton and decided she would rather attend my class. Sorry Dolly.
We did a few tribute exercises in honor of Dolly. Chest presses with a band. Rows with a band to build up back strength. Then I started calling different exercises by the names of songs. She was sorry she brought it up. We had fun and that's all that matters.

Training today: am Z drills and Qigong for 6 min.
Pm: Darc swings. Clean, press, squat. Tgu/figure eights to a snatch- 16k and 24k.
Jerks. High pull/ snatch.- 32k x 2 sets. Jerks are a SMOKER! Must do more. Chins with 32k x 2.
DL- wide stance pushing hips forward. 135 x 5, 225 x 5, 315 x 3- I'll stop there.
Jerks and chins 32k. Z drills. Standing post for 4+ minutes.

We had a meeting today at work and I was so figity from my am Qigong that I think my eyes crossed once or twice from sheer boredom! Qigong rules!
-Joe out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home