Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Breaking Dick's Bell's...
I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen!
Last night at class we went outside to throw they bells around. Here's how we do it. Take a few practice swings, then on the third or fourth one launch the bell for distance.
Well, someone thought we were playing Bocce ball and her kettlebell hit another persons kettlebell.
Guess what? The kettlebell she hit broke! It cracked the handle all the way thru. It was a 10 pound kb that got broken by a 15 pound kb. The kind Dick's sells.
I was just telling them about the virtues of Dragon Door kb's last week and the hazards of Dick's and Fleet Farm kb's.
Know they learned the hard way why DD kb's are the best and why they cost more.
I guess you get what you pay for.

-Joe out

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Mike T Nelson said...

Anything that I will be hoisting above my head I will pay the extra money to make sure it stays in one piece!
You get what you pay for.
Thanks for the updates Joe!
How is the Z life?
Rock on
Mike N

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Joe Pavel said...

Hey Mike,
I couldn't believe she broke her kettlebell. You really do get what you pay for.
Z life is good. It's like relearning everything over again.
Here's an example: On Sunday I decided to rake the lawn. I got the first section done no-problem. Took a little break then went on to the next part of the lawn.
My chest and arms got so pumped I had to stop! In the past I've raked the whole yard in one day. I think after this first time I'll be good to go again.
That's also why I only got 11 chins at the TSC. My arms and back were too pumped to do any more! Like I never did chins before. Weird.
-Joe

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mike T Nelson said...

Whoo ha. I've found that happening with myself and others since you are getting all those muscles firing better now!
Rock on
Mike N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home