Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

I performed 300 swings with a 53# KB in 16:42 seconds this afternoon. I think that's a first for me. I was reading Bud Jeffries swing exploits and was inspired. That guy can do some serious swinging. He did 1000 with the Beast. He goes heavy one day then lighter the next. I like that way of doing things too. Except I like to do ladders on the heavy day. Work up to a heavy bell then start again with a lighter weight and go back up. It makes the lighter weight feel really light and helps get more reps with the heavier bells. I do the hand to hand swings on heavy days and single arm swings on the highter reps days. The two handed swing is not good for me done for high reps and sets. My hands are to big to fit into the handle and I have to collapse the upper body somewhat. Not very wise to make the body fit to the kettlebell. I make the kettlebell fit to me.
Swings are the focus of my training now. I do minor mobility work before and after the swings to get the muscles "activated".
Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home