Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Started the day with double kettlebell deadlifts- 24's, 32's, 40's and 48's x 5.
Single hand deadlifts with two kettlebells- 24's x 5, 32's and 40's x 3. Left gas in the tank.
I took at least five minutes between sets.
Flips- 1 swing and 1 flip single bell- 24 x 10, 32, 40 and 48 x 7. As the weights got heavier I launched the bells higher. The Beast was at the top of my head height for all the flips. The 40 almost got away from me. These are good for explosive hips.
Turkish get downs followed after a short break. 24k x 2 min = 4 reps and 32 x 2 min= 4 reps. Done with the weights. Did 15 minutes of Z-Drills to loosen up everything again.
It was a good day to play hooky. We went to Afton Alps with the school kids today. I am amazed at the old codgers who have no patience and even less teaching ability in charge of teaching kids who've never been on skis yelling at them because the kids aren't skiing right or fall down??? I guess it's easier for them to just get mad than to help. But on a brighter note, Julia who works there helped my son for about 45 minutes learn how to slow down and ski without falling. She makes up for the crabby, wrinkled, morons in charge.
-Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home