Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Thursday, November 07, 2013

E Z Curls

 This is my E Z curl bar. I made this bar 30+ years ago in shop class at Tartan Sr. High. 
I put multiple coats of Rustoleum on it several years ago to make it look prettier. 
I started using it on September 9th after reading an article about strict curls. Strict curls were part of powerlifting meets years ago and are now making a comeback. With an E Z curl bar, simply curl as much weight as you can while keeping your backside and upper back against a wall. 
I've been curling with it on one of my two or three days off from work. I usually work up to 50 to 70 pounds with a good range of motion for 6 to 10 reps per set. I don't really do a lot of sets, maybe five to eight per workout.  I curled 90 pounds for two reps with some "body thrust" last week. Curls, with this bar, for me, have helped eliminate almost all elbow pain from constant overuse at work. 
Curls help me stay strong for my job. That's "functional training".
-Joe
P.S. Doesn't this look like the RKC eagle? 
 It's from an album cover The New Andre Kostelanetz- Wonderland of Sound- Star Spangled Marches. It's from Columbia Records. I couldn't find a date on the album cover but I would guess it's 30+ years old. The cover drawing is by Charles Goslin.
Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home