Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Planks, Bird Dogs and Cardio

I had my son time me on a push-up position plank. My time without looking at the stopwatch was 1:57.
Not too bad. The goal for a "healthy back" is three whole minutes without sagging like an old mule.
On the Bird Dog pose I held each side for only one minute. Good enough after the planks. Maybe I'll rotate which exercise I do first to build up endurance in both exercises.
Cardio. I've been doing more lately after Kenneth Jay's KBI certification. He stated that running, biking, rowing and cross country skiing are tops for heart health. I've been biking mainly and I went for a hike two days ago and cut the lawn yesterday. I might be able to sneak in a short bike ride today between the rain drops.
Adios Amigos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home