Kool Kettlebells

My training philosophy: Simple. Brief. Frequent.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's been a long while since my last post.
I bought a Jungle Gym XT, on sale, a couple of weeks ago. I've been experimenting with it ever since. I really like it a lot. The exercise I like is the leg curl. It's starting to help ease my lower back aches and pains.
Yesterday I did my " Bull Simple" routine. I started with the 18 pound kb and worked my way up to the 53 pound bell for eight sets. I did round -a - bouts the waist, figure eights then snatches. 15 seconds each way for the first two exercises and snatch 15 seconds with each hand. That's 90 seconds of work before a 30 second break. I always use ladders when I do these because it rocks. I did the 90 second sets with each weight twice. 18, 26, 35 and 53. My shoulders seemed to take the brunt of this workout. Crazy how I didn't even do any pressing and my shoulders are just beat. I had to hit the Indian clubs twice after this workout to help ease the after workout soreness.
Today I did Indian clubs, the Jungle Gym- leg curls, foot supported lunges, one arm row/chin and 90 degree push-ups. More Indian clubs then I took my walking coach and dog Dooley for a 15 minute walk in the misty morning rain. Life is good. Nothing like a walk to lift your spirits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home